We welcome students from around the globe
Would you like to study in Montreal, in a welcoming and stimulating environment? Would you like to be part of a diverse and inclusive community? The student body at the Faculty of Sciences, UQAM includes 50% international doctoral students, 26% international master’s students and 10% international undergraduates.
To find out more see:
- Important information about life and education in Quebec (in French);
- Resources offered by our Student Services office (in French);
- Welcome guide for international students (in French);
- General information about UQAM;
- Studying at UQAM;
- Brochure for prospective foreign students at UQAM.
French is the official language in Québec and at UQAM. To be permitted to study at UQAM, you must have a good command of both oral and written French, as courses, course work, and examinations must be done in French at all levels. Most of the websites included in this brochure are in French. More details at etudier.uqam.ca/politique-langue-francaise.
L’école des langues de l’UQAM offers English and French programs and courses for people who already have a minimal knowledge of these languages. It can also offer intensive classes or summer schools in English, French or both on demand. Contact them to know more.